Journey of Fitness
Fitness is a journey…for EVERYONE. My fitness journey began in childhood at soccer practice. It extended into my middle and high school years participating in various athletics. In college, I majored in Exercise Science and continued to take physically active classes and play intramural sports (which helped seal the deal with my now husband ;-).
I’m now a certified personal trainer, certified yoga instructor and experienced group fitness trainer. I love the human body and truly believe that EVERY body has the capacity for greatness in a myriad of ways:
• Stabilization & Balance
• Speed, Agility, Quickness
• Mental stamina under stress
• And MORE!
As I said, fitness is a journey and my OWN journey still continues! Sometimes I’m a seasonal runner while other times I hone down on my strength training. And I love to incorporate yoga with whatever I’m doing, but it is always a journey.
My goal at Balancing Hope is to share my own journey, while providing inspiration to others in THEIR fitness journey. We may be at different points, but we are all on the same path of discovering greatness with our amazing bodies!
I adore exercise in all its forms. However, yoga is a PASSION of mine. With all the crazy going on in the world, yoga is rejuvenating to both mind & body.
Over my years teaching yoga, I have practiced in a variety of settings and to a variety of people with varying levels of experience….variety is the spice of life! And I have learned so many things along the way, including…
• The multiple focuses of yoga and their intricate nuances
• A deeper knowledge of the poses and how to execute precise technique and alignment (with varying degrees of intensity)
• The companionship between breath and movement
• A love for the calmness, strength, and flexibility gained through practice• The companionship between breath and movement
• A love for my participants and the friendships created
• And a craving for MORE of ALL OF IT!
Like I said, I have a passion for yoga and part of that passion is sharing it with others! Please don’t hesitate to jump in and experience it with me—we will move and grow and learn and rejuvenate together.
Join me on the mat and I promise it will change you from the inside out. Namaste.