yields ~20 muffins
1 cup coconut flour
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup nut butter (I used sunflower seed)
2 teaspoons organic vanilla
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
and/or 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients (first 5 ingredients) in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk remaining (wet) ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Fill greased or lined muffin pan to nearly the top (they don’t rise much) and bake for 16-20 minutes or until tops start to lightly brown.
- Cool in muffin pan for a minute or so and then transfer to racks to finish cooling.