Little C and I were craving some healthy pancakes this morning, so after perusing several “paleo” style recipes online, here’s what we decided to include in our own recipe…you know, to put our own little twist on it:
I was a little nervous how they would turn out, but….drum roll….I think we have a keeper! GOSH I LOVE WHEN I HAVE A KEEPER AFTER THE FIRST TRY. It doesn’t happen as often as I’d like it to, but you better believe I’m doing my happy dance when it does!
They are delicious on their own, but I also tried with some butter and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Yummm.
Couldn’t have been a more perfect end-of-summer morning…except maybe if Little C and I had been listening to Jack Johnson’s “Banana Pancakes” 🙂
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 T peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- Pinch of salt
- Mix ingredients until well combined
- Ladle approx 1/3 cup batter onto skillet on medium heat (I used 1/2 tsp coconut oil for pan-frying).
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side
- Enjoy some healthy pancakes!