These egg “muffins” have been on repeat in my oven this past week. They are SO easy, SO tasty, moderately healthy AND my kids love them! They are also very forgiving…no milk? Use water. Forgot an egg? Oh well. Still delicious (and filling) every time! I might just have to get a second muffin pan, because a dozen of these disappear quickly at our house! And notice that I added a freeze-dried option for the broccoli. It seriously makes it sooo easy…cutting out the time for washing and chopping AND no mess of broccoli dust left behind either 🙌😀.
So, give these a try next time you want a healthy snack, breakfast-to-go, or to feed a hangry child 👶👌.
Also, this is the freeze-dried broccoli I have used. Aside from using with these muffins, we love sprinkling it into stir-fry, mixing with yogurt (my 1 year old twins love it!) and even snacking straight from the can!
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 C Milk
- 2 C Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 3/4 C Broccoli, chopped OR 1/2 C Freeze Dried Broccoli
- 1/2 Cup Ham, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a regular 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Whisk together eggs and milk (or blend in blender)
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until incorporated (or pulse in blender a few times)
- Distribute evenly among all 12 cups
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes before serving.