Alright, here is a recipe that I have been tampering with now for awhile. I think I finally reached the “I don’t care about texture anymore” point, because I’m ready to write it all down and call it final! The taste is always delicious, and the texture is finally to a satisfactory consistency (vs. sticking to the muffin pan, being too mushy or crumbly, etc.).
Morning Glory Muffins
Makes ~2 dozen muffins
TIP: Freeze half for later!
- 3 cups almond flour (3 C almonds pulverized in my Blendtec)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 generous T baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 T cinnamon
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 2 large tart apples, peeled, cored, and grated
- 1.5 cups raisins
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 T chia seed or flax seed meal mixed with 3 T water to form a thick gel-like paste
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease muffin pan WELL
- Mix everything in a food processor (you may have to mix in batches, depending on size of processor) or you can just throw everything into a bowl and mix well. I like to put liquids in first and then add dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly!
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until your kitchen starts to smell like cinnamony-muffin goodness.
- Remove from oven and allow the pan to cool for a good 10-15 minutes. Once cooled, store in airtight container in the fridge (or freezer).