These are the best pancakes EVER. No exaggeration here
(which I may or may not do on occasion…).
I’m seriously not even wasting my time with traditional wheat pancake recipes anymore, because the taste and texture is just that good. Try them for yourself and see what I mean!
Adapted from this recipe
- 1 cup barley flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together barley flour, oat flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and whisk until just combined.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over low-medium heat.
- Pour about 4 tablespoons of batter (per pancake) into hot skillet and cook until bubbles begin to appear on top, and bottom is golden brown; then flip pancake/s and cook until other side is also golden brown (adjusting heat as necessary to keep pancake/s from burning).
- Serve warm with maple syrup or honey
- I used pearled barley and rolled oats to make my own barley & oat flour in the Blendtec blender. Super easy!
- I’m sure you could interchange different oils & sweeteners to your own liking and still have a great outcome.